Friday, February 24, 2012

Weighing in on the F-bomb

There are a very few things in this life that I loathe more than the F-bomb.  Call me old fashioned or what ever you want, but that word literally makes my hair stand on end.  When I was growing up we weren't even allowed to say the other f-bomb (notice the lower case "f"). You know the "f" toot word.



I would have gotten my tail tore slap out of the frame if my  mother had caught me saying that.  My boys tell their friends and tease me because none of them were allowed to say it in my presence until, as Alex tells it, he was 18 ( notice I said in my presence). So you can just imagine the disgust I feel when I am in a public place and hear a young person just blurt out the F-bomb like it is just an ordinary, everyday conversation word. I would like nothing more than to walk over to that person and just yank a good, ole knot in him or her.  It is rude, crude and offensive.  And I just don't like it!



 Now in full disclosure, I will use the minor four letter words occasionally, if a situation arises and I just have to express myself in such a manor.  For example, if I hit my toe while walking through the dark house to go to the bathroom, I might  probably will say the s*** word, or if I drop something, or if I well you get the picture.  Or, if someone is showing their true colors and they are just being nasty and ugly, well, that person just might get called an a-hole.  I know that is not a good thing, but sometimes you just have to be able say something.  Just don't make it the F-bomb. 



Thanks for stopping by,

Rhonda
with the big southern mouth and a sweet southern drawl

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl I am going to make you feel connected and appreciated w my participation/comments! On this F subject: MY SOAPBOX issue is WORDS. Words can be uplifting, encouraging, comforting, etc..but PROFANE, VULGAR words & phrases [ w Up, Off ,etc] do one of several things: 1. They profane God, The earth He Created, Human beings he Created or The relationship he created and ordained between a Man & Wife. Don't even begin to apologize even slightly for being OLD FASHIONED..You are on the right page w this issue. Unfortunately even Christians have carelessly bought into the SLANG OF THE WORLD often not even realizing the root of the vulgar expressions. Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete