Monday, February 27, 2012

For the love of furniture, decoupaged furniture, that is!

Confession time: I am having a love affair with decoupaged furniture.  There it's out I said it. Don't judge me.  It is just an easy way to change the look of a piece of furniture.  I have done several pieces, but don't really have any good pics or should I say "blog worthy" pics to share.  I will share some from Pinterest.

 gardenofsimple.tumblr.com


 If you have a piece of furniture that is in less than perfect condition and you just really don't want to put a lot of time and effort into the cosmetic repairs, just get you some Mod-Podge and some beautiful paper and go to town.  You aren't just limited to scrap book paper or decoupage kits, which by the way I have never used.  You can use pages from old books, beautiful napkins, song books, sheet music.



 vintagerosegarden.tumblr.com

The possibilities are limitless, well maybe they are, but I haven't found them yet. Ohhhh yeah, FABRIC you can use fabric and wrapping paper and.........If you have used anything different than what I have listed let me know.  I love new ideas :)


 notonthehighstreet.com


1 comment:

  1. Beeeeeutiful! How about that chst u did with the burlap drawer front and asst style drawer pulls..luuuuvv it!! It's the perrrrrrrfect solution for whatI call NONDESCRIPT pieces-often mid century

    ReplyDelete